Thursday, October 19, 2006

Was it inevitable?

Sorry to be posting so late in the day. My last Project Runway post of the season. From the sound of things some of you won't be back next season. You'll be missed. I have to say this season wasn't my favorite but I REALLY enjoyed all of you joining in the conversation here. (Maybe more so than the actual show)

So Jeffrey won. I guess I knew he would after watching Michaels painful downward spiral. I didn't find ANY of the collections that inspiring. There were pieces here and there in all of them that I really liked but on a whole nothing was jaw-dropping. Did you notice too that as Michaels designs began to falter Jeffrey all the sudden became softer. (Less woman bashing and bleeping every other word) It's amazing how much editing can change a character. Yes I do realize this is a REALITY show but lets face it the producers were blatantly apparent in this season.

I also think that Ulle won second place over Laura because of her German connection. Laura's designs may have been typical to her style but Ulle's were pretty typical too. I do think the construction of Laura's designs were far better than Ulle's. Some of Ulle's dresses looked like they were going to fall off her models. Both of them designed for a specific demographic.

Oh and how pissed is Laura? I think the main reason she wanted to win was so Jeffrey didn't. Oh and also I didn't realize she was married to Albert Einstein. Noticed that last week but forgot to mention it.

So my friends, it is time to wrap up. Please be sure to let me know how you feel about the finale. I really can't wait.

Auf Wiedersehen!