Thursday, August 31, 2006

a little sick of it

Sorry for the late post. I actually feel asleep last night during the show and had to watch all that I missed this morning.

Challenge: To make an outfit for an international jet setter.
Challenge twist: The designers would model their own outfits. They then flew to Paris to see how well the outfits traveled and then were told who was out.

Someone left a comment last week about how they were not enjoying how mean spirited this season of PR has become. I have to say that I agree whole-heartedly. In the beginning I so much enjoyed being a Project Runway "sportscaster" if you will, running down the shows highlights and talking about all the personality quirks. Over the last couple of weeks I have watched the show desolve into something I am not really enjoying. I am sad to say it has never been more obvious that the shows producers have just as much input on the winners and losers of the challenges as the judges. It seems to me that Jeffrey has become the focus on the show. They cut to his face to get his reaction for almost everything. His negativity is repulsive.
At this point I don't care who wins as long as it is not him.

So riddle me this: Kayne and Jeffrey's outfit were both very much them. Why was Kayne's outfit ridiculed and Jeffrey's outfit praised. From my stand point and I know you will tell me if you think I am wrong...Kayne's outfit looked much better constructed, the details were interesting. His belt was over the top but that is Kayne. Jeffrey's jacket lapel looked sloppy and what was up with the crotch chain? As far as I could tell the t-shirt was his own (is that even fair?) I thought his outfit looked like he rolled out of bed. So what we learned today is that good construction and fit are nothing if you outfit looks like it should be on a rockstar. Hmmm?

I thought Laura's dress was beautiful even if the color was a little boring. I am a little sick of the same garmet Uli makes over and over. Vincent's was a cop out. Michael's was interesting but not my fav. Angela's ugh! It was time to go. Au revoir rosettes.

So what do you guys think? Are you still enjoying the show? Thoughts and comments always welcome!