Thursday, July 13, 2006

5 things (without a picture)

5 things I am excited about:

#1 The new season of Project Runway started tonight. If you haven't ever watched this show, now is the time to start. You don't have to love or have an understanding of fashion to enjoy this show. You just have to love the creative process. I often feel so inspired after watching an episode that I go straight into the studio. The challenges they give these designers are so crazy. I am amazed at the innovation and pieces they come up with. Oh and also there is a minimal reality cheese factor. On Bravo Wednesdays 10pm. (another project runway fan here)

#2 If you don't already know there is a vintage button swap going on here. I just love vintage buttons and if you read this post you'll know someone else who does. By the way, I just love the shim+son blog. I mean it doesn't get much more inspiring than that. I am always so excited to see if there is a new post up (I know there are other ways to find this out but I like the element of surprise) In an email I practically begged her to open an etsy shop. She promised me she is working on selling her wares and I can't wait. (sitting at my computer waiting) Of course you do remember this story.

#3 I am going to meet this friend, in person. Kristin and I became friends through swapping and blogging. If you have been around here long enough you definitely know her name, we have become fast friends. She is going to be in my neck of the woods tomorrow and I just can't wait to "meet" her.

#4 Hubby is coming home from Portland tonight. After reading this post I was sad, but now I am even more sad. Just got word that even after talking it up and putting a business card in his wallet he wasn't able to make it to Ella Posie before closing time to get me a little something {sniff}

#5 After all the help from the comments my peeps left here I was able to order some Japanese craft books. They have all arrived and I am inspired. I know they will definitely influence the way I work. Unfortunately, I am still afraid of my sewing machine so I will have to experiment.

and that is all I have to say tonight.