Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My birthday


Today was my birthday. I feel very loved. This made me smile. Thanks to everyone that send wonderful gifts and warm wishes. Being inspired by a post that the talented and kind-hearted Blair wrote on her 40th birthday, I decided to tell you 36 things about myself. Then I thought I could never come up with that many things and not bore you all to tears. Or maybe I am afraid of putting too much out there. So here I go...36 things you may or may not want to know about me.

1. 36 seems really old to me, much older than 35 weird huh?
2. I love ice cream
3. Ever since I had my tonsils out last year, food taste different and my sense of smell is gone
4. I love the fact that i graduated from college
5. I wish I had majored in art
6. My favorite tv show is 24
7. I don't like to be cold.
8. I look better as a blonde
9. I have always printed because I don't like my handwriting.
10. I wish I had my children at a younger age
11. I eat cereal almost every morning for breakfast
12. I am afraid of most small living creatures (lizards, mice,bunnies, hamsters)
13. I wish I saw my mom and sister more often
14. I love the color robin's egg blue
15. Going to the movies was never important to me until I had kids and never seem to get to go
16. Reading US Weekly is a guilty pleasure I indulge in once in a while
17. I just recently felt comfortable calling myself an artist
18. I spend too much time on the computer
19. Real birds gross me out, but I love bird symbolism
20. I don't mind being alone
21. My hubby and I don't get to hang out enough
22. I am a perfectionist
23. I get teased because I often match my shoes to my outfit (hey i grew up in the 80's)
24. I hate cilantro
25. Cooking is not one of my favorite things to do (at all)
26. This is much harder than I thought
27. The only thing I ever wanted to be was a mom.
28. I have trouble relaxing when we go on vacation
29. I have never made anything from "scratch"
31. I need to exercise more
32. Having paint all over my hands makes me happy
33. I hate the whole process of "getting ready" in the morning
34. I adore shopping, for everything except underwear
35. My favorite food is sushi
36. My kids mean EVERYTHING to me

if you are still with me, thanks for indulging me. it is almost officially not my birthday anymore.
good night