Monday, February 13, 2006

Life keeps happening

Asilomar, California coast site of Art and Soul Retreat

I started my blog a few days before I had to get ready for a trip to Art & Soul in Monterey California. Then I went to Art & Soul for 5 amazing days. It was my first time at an event like this. For those of you who don't know, Art & Soul is one big mixed media art bonanza. You sign up for different art classes and live and breathe art the whole time you are there. I went by myself which was a little intimidating. Most of the ladies who go to these things have been to quite a few so there is quite a strong community bond. I survived and managed to make a few really good friends. I also made some artwork that I am proud of. I took classes that were out of my comfort zone and for me that is hard. I feel brave. I feel alive. I feel inspired.

but life keeps happening...